Visa application & country information
The honorary consulate of Sierra Leone in Grünwald most importantly acts as point of contact and supporter for all the Sierra Leonean people living in Bavaria.
Unfortunately we currently can't issue any visas: There is a shortage of visa stickers caused by delivery problems. Please submit your visa application at the German Embassy of Sierra Leone in Berlin (www.slembassy-germany.org) until further notice.
To issue your visa the following documents are required:
- Passport, valid until at least 6 months after your last day in Sierra Leone
- Signed and completed visa application
- Two current passport photos in colour and with light background
- Copy of a certificate of your yellow fever vaccination
- Copy of the bank transfer confirmation of the visa fees
- Flight schedule / travelling plan / Hotel reservation or invitation letter
Add a pre-paid return envelope to your postal submission. The processing time for visa applications, including postal delivery time, takes a week in average.
- Single-Entry visa (3 months) - € 100
- Multiple Entry visas (4 - 6 months) - € 150
- Multiple Entry visas (1 year) - € 200
The foreign office (Auswärtiges Amt) of the German Federal Republic provides current and extensive information concerning travel and security advices for Sierra Leone.
Learn more about: (german webpages)
(Country-specific security information)
(General travelling information)
Einreisebestimmungen für deutsche
(Entry requirements for german citizens)
(Special customs regulations)
Besondere strafrechtliche Vorschriften
(Special prosecutional regulations)